|Initial intake appointment
||$200.00 (55 minutes)|
|Follow-up medication management appointment
||$100.00 (25 minutes)|
|Telephone call (first 5 minutes free)
||$3.00 per minute (rounded up)|
|Completion of Forms and reports
||$10.00 per page|
|Copies of medical records
||Digital copy free.|
Hardcopy 40 cents per page, $2.00 S&H
- All telepsychiatry appointments will be conducted as an online video chat through either Skype or WebEx, based on your expressed choice. Using Skype will require you to have the Skype software already installed on your computer and a registered Skype account. Be aware that Skype communications are not encrypted, do not officially meet HIPAA security compliance guidelines, and may be as vulnerable to security breaches as a landline telephone. WebEx is web-based, does not require a software download or a registered account, and uses the SSL encryption protocol of your internet web browser. WebEx communications are encrypted and meet HIPAA compliance guidelines.
- All appointment scheduling and service payments will be through PracticeFusion.com. Credit card information is required at the time an appointment is made, but will not be charged until the day of the appointment. PPPS does not bill insurance, MediCare, or MediCal. Some insurance policies may be willing to reimburse for telepsychiatry services. It is your responsibility to file any claims with your insurance company.
- A 24-hour cancellation notice is required for each appointment. Otherwise, you will be charged half of your originally scheduled appointment fee.
- If you are over 15 minutes late for any appointment, you will be considered a No-Show. All No-Shows will be charged half of your originally scheduled appointment fee. If you are less than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you will still be seen but the appointment will still end at the originally scheduled time. The full appointment fee will be charged.
- All payment is handled by PracticeFusion.com. PPPS does not bill insurance, MediCare, or MediCal. A itemized superbill can be provided upon request. Some insurance policies may be willing to reimburse for telepsychiatry services. It is your responsibility to file any claims with your insurance company.
- The first appointment (the intake appointment) is primarily for information-gathering and an evaluation of your individual situation. No doctor-patient relationship shall be implied or assumed unless mutually agreed upon by both you and the psychiatrist at the end of the intake appointment. No treatment will be initiated until the Consent to Treatment Agreement has been signed by both psychiatrist and patient, however, full confidentiality will still be preserved for all information discussed during the initial intake appointment.
- Medication will only be prescribed when PPPS has documentation of a physical exam by a licensed medical practitioner, vital signs and standard annual blood work results within the last 12 months.
- Most appointments for medication management are every three to six months. However, they may occur sooner when a new medication is started, when medication dosage is being adjusted, or when certain restricted medications are being prescribed.
- Privacy disclosure consistent with HIPAA and California laws.
- Everything that is discussed at each appointment will be kept private and confidential unless you give your written consent to do otherwise. You may revoke this consent at any time. Exceptions are as follows:
- If you state or it is obvious that you are in imminent danger of harming yourself or someone else.
- If there is suspected abuse or neglect of a child or dependent-adult/elder.
- If you are too disabled to care for yourself and there is no available caretaker.
- If your information is subpoenaed by a court of law. (In this case, PPPS will make all reasonable effort to inform you of the situation.)
- Other personal information (e.g., name, birthdate, diagnoses, etc) may be necessary to disclose to pharmacies dispensing medication or laboratories performing tests.
- Email and Telephone Response: Email and telephone communications are meant for NON-EMERGENT issues ONLY. If you have an emergent or life-threatening issue, you should immediately call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest emergency department. The psychiatrist shall generally respond to emails and phone calls within 2 business days.
- Emails and Telephone Calls: All emails and telephone calls are to be limited to non-urgent issues that can be resolved in a few sentences or 5 minutes or less, respectively (e.g., side effects, lost medication, dosing questions, etc.). Some issues may be considered inappropriate to be handled over email or phone and may require a full scheduled appointment. Any call (from you or another party on your behalf) taking longer than 5 minutes will be charged a rate of $3.00 per extra minute, rounded up.
- Medication Refills: Medications can be refilled by contacting your pharmacy. If there is a problem with your request, the pharmacy will contact the psychiatrist. Keep in mind that during weekends (starting Friday after normal business hours) and holidays, the psychiatrist may not be able to get back to the pharmacy until the following business day. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF MEDICATION BEFORE REFILLING OR CONTACTING THE PHARMACY.
- Reports: There is a $10.00 per-page fee for all reports or forms the psychiatrist is asked to complete, unless they are paid for by the party requesting the report, or can be completed during an appointment. PPPS declines to complete any reports/forms to be used for legal purposes, such as for personal injury claims.
- You have the right to review and obtain a copy of your health information, with limited exceptions. You may request a copy of your records by submitting a written request to PPPS. Records sent in electronic form are free of charge. There will be a fee for hardcopy records to cover printing/photocopying and shipping costs.
- You have the right to request amendment or supplementation to your health information if you believe it to be incorrect or incomplete, by submitting a written request. Please note PPPS is not legally required to honor your request. However, if your request is denied, you may inquire as to the reason for denial. You also have the right to request a written statement by you be added to your record concerning any incorrect or incomplete information you feel is present.
- Telepsychiatry Limitations: "Telepsychiatry" includes the practice of psychiatric diagnosis, consultation, treatment with psychotropic medications, transfer of medical data, and education using interactive audio, video, or data communications.
- Please note that there are risks and consequences from telepsychiatry, including, but not limited to, the possibility, despite reasonable efforts on the part of PPPS, that the transmission of medical information could be disrupted or distorted by technical failures and/or interrupted by unauthorized persons, and/or the electronic storage of medical information could be accessed by unauthorized persons.
- In some circumstances, telepsychiatry services and care may not be as complete as face-to-face services. It may be that after close evaluation of your individual situation, the psychiatrist may believe you would be better served by another form of psychiatric service (e.g. face-to-face services) and will be willing to provide a list of a few psychiatrists available in your local area (but it is your responsibility to ascertain benefit coverage/reimbursement by your insurance company).
- You must understand that there are potential risks and benefits associated with any form of psychiatric treatment, and that despite the best efforts of the psychiatrist, your condition may not improve, and in some cases may even get worse. You may benefit greatly from telepsychiatric care, but the results cannot be guaranteed or assured.
For a full description of our privacy practices, click here
Viewing, use, or interaction with this website or related links is for general information purposes only and is not intended to imply or confirm a treatment relationship with Dr. Lucia Cheng or Phoenix Progressive Psychiatric Services, or to provide care or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.